Thursday, July 21, 2011

Forgotten blog










Believe it or not, I had forgotten I started a blog about tile! I wonder how many abandoned blogs are out there? Millions. Doesn't matter since I have no readers. However, I think I will keep posting for my own amusement.

Here's my own fireplace before and after. We did the very messy demo ourselves but had a pro install the tile. One thing I have learned about tiling...I'm not that good, and I wanted the fireplace to be perfect.

The ugly 70's rock had a hearth that ran the full width of the room with a full width mantel. We replace the wood stove with a pellet stove and shortened the whole thing up . It's now covered in polished platinum slate, which I hope minimized the stove. A carpenter built the mantel. Because the fireplace has a door on the right (cut in after picture 1) and a blank wall on the left, it seems off balance. I am looking for bookshelves or something about door size to balance it out. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment